froze after redsn0w JB, will not restore... even on another mac. please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by threetimesdaily, Dec 14, 2010.

1. threetimesdaily macrumors member

running itunes 10, iOS 4.2.1, OSX 10.6

i jailbroke my 3GS (new bootroom) using newest redsn0w, iphone froze on apple logo after JB while rebooting. restored successfully and tried again. froze at same spot after JB.

i tried restoring again, and I received "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1611).", after a while.

i tried restoring using a custom 4.2.1 .ipsw but i get an error message saying that the firmware file is not compatible.

I used my friends laptop to attempt restoring to his itunes account, but I got the same (1611) message.

is there a way to restore (not just reset) using hold/home buttons? I can only go DFU mode, or a frozen apple logo no matter what combination of hold/home i have used.

is there another way to jailbreak 4.2.1 other than redsn0w??

help is greatly appreciated!!

2. Myzhi, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010

Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

New bootrom 3GS = tethered 4.2.1 JB. Thus, everytime the phone reboots and gets stuck at Apple logo, you can need to connect the phone to a computer and run Rednsow again selecting tethered boot option.

And, Redsnow and Pwnagetool are the only JB for 4.2.1, but both are tethered JB for a new bootrom 3GS. Now, if you have 4.1 SHSH files saved, you can downgrade to 4.1 and have a untethered JB.

3. Sway macrumors newbie

4. threetimesdaily thread starter macrumors member

i used this recovery image to try and restore but I receive error 1611 saying unable to restore.

now I'm trying to figure out how to grab my old shsh blobs from cydia so that I can downgrade, but I cant figure out how to access these blobs. They are on Cydia, because I see them on the homescreen. I thought you use TinyUmbrella, but it doesnt recognize a connection with my iphone when I try to do so, and I still dont see how these blobs will appear on my computer as ipsw files that I can restore with. Nothing on TinyUmbrella seems to be able to do these even if my phone was connected.