Frozen Docks Anyone?

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
This has been bugging me so much, I was hoping the 10.4.1 update would have fixed this, but here it is... In its full glory... My frozen dock...

I have my hot corners set up so perfectly, makes me work so much faster, but my dock just stays in its magnified form, and will stay that way unless the mouse goes over it again... So irritating! (NOT every time, but often enough to make me angry)

Apple, please make it stop!

Does this happen to anyone else?

Attachments

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
blaskillet4 said:
This has been bugging me so much, I was hoping the 10.4.1 update would have fixed this, but here it is... In its full glory... My frozen dock...

I have my hot corners set up so perfectly, makes me work so much faster, but my dock just stays in its magnified form, and will stay that way unless the mouse goes over it again... So irritating! (NOT every time, but often enough to make me angry)

Apple, please make it stop!

Does this happen to anyone else?
I have no idea what may be causing that.

Do you mean 10.4.2, not 10.4.1, perchance?

Comment

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
This might sound stupid, but I was having the same problem. My dock was locking (sucks to have dock lock :D, I just like saying dock lock). I did a permissions repair and it seemed to fix the problem. This did happen when I went to Tiger. I have not had issues with it for some time though and I am on 10.4.2.

BTW, say dock lock 10 times really fast..... :D :D :D

Comment

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
i have the frozen dock sometimes after the screensaver changes.

open up terminal and type (this is case sensitive)

Code:
killall Dock

Comment