Frozen in itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sunsamza, Jan 26, 2011.

1. sunsamza macrumors newbie

HELP!
    I have not done an upgrade on my phone for months because of this reason so I figure I will try it again ... FROZEN!
    No matter what I do .. no matter how many times I turn it off and back on again ... restore ... I end up with it hanging on restore .. looks almost finished but never does ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, so F frustrating!!!

2. sunsamza thread starter macrumors newbie

FROZEN in Itunes

If anyone has any suggestions that would be GREAT!

If I unhook it and turn it off and back on again it just says Itunes and shows a cable .. I have tried to restore and restore ... it just hangs there and never completes UNLESS I am inpatient and this takes hours?

PLezzzzzzz HELP!

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Try deleting iTunes and reinstalling it, as there is likely an issue with the file that it uses to setup the phone. Also, upgrading may take as long as an hour.

TEG

4. sunsamza thread starter macrumors newbie

Why something so easy is so NOT!
    I have had no problem with ever syncing to Itunes only when I decided to go with the updates. Thanks.. that will be my last resort. Much appreciated!

5. sunsamza thread starter macrumors newbie

Frozen in Itunes

OK .. tried that ... NO GO!
    I did wait way over an hour. When I try to close Itunes it says it is it is restoring my Iphone and the only way to quit is by Force Quit and I start all over again.
    I do not want schlepp to the Apple Store :(
    Any more suggestions?
    Thanks!