Frozen iPad! Urgent!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TorontoLRT, Sep 13, 2010.

1. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

My iPad froze last night, and I was only able to turn it off by holding the power and home keys. Now it's stuck on the Apple logo screen. I blame this on the new keyboard dock I had it connected to. Could that be a factor? More importantly, can I fix this?

I tried, and I can turn it off using the same method, but turning it back on gives me another infinite boot.

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Is this stock or Jailbroken?

If stock, you could try connecting to iTunes and restoring to see if that helps.

Some others can chime in what you might try if it is Jailbroken.

3. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

5. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

When you reset the iPad did you hold down the Home button and the Sleep/wake button for 10 seconds? This may resolve the problem or at least allow you to restore through itunes.

6. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm bringing it in to an Apple Store tonight, so I don't want to go into DFU in case my data is lost. I have a lot of important school things on it.

7. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

DFU mode is how I've gotten around this issue.

It's a reminder to sync your iPad regularly. As long as your backup is current, you won't mind DFU mode other than it taking a bit of time. But you won't lose anything. Just get in the habit of plugging your iPad to your computer every day.

8. SidBala macrumors 6502a

If it is JB'd, then Apple might refuse to fix it, even if the issue is not software related.

I would suggest you try to restore from DFU mode and load up your data from the backup.

9. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I went to the Apple Store, and they said the only option was a DFU restore. I'll need to rewrite a paper for tomorrow and have lost all my progress in Angry Birds, but apart from that, I survived unscathed.

10. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

LOL
    :D