Frozen iPhone -- No, really, I live in Michigan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ashleymichelle, Feb 8, 2013.

1. ashleymichelle macrumors newbie

So I'm a professional at breaking Iphones: fore example, I dropped one off a cliff in Utah while I was party rock shuffling, have had various swimming incidents, there was a throwing and not catching incident before I knew how easy it was to replace the screen, actually peed on one once when it fell out of my back pocket during a drunken outdoor peeing emergency.

More recently, I lost my iPhone for the past 2-3 weeks. I thought I may have left it on the hood of my car, so I searched up and down my road for it -- hoping a plow truck wouldn't have plowed it away. And, of course, looked all over my home. In that time I have taken several trips 50+ miles driving at 70+ mph -- now I'm just bragging because I think this is crazy.

To my disbelief, today I found my iPhone on the hood of my car. It obviously has been covered in snow as I live in Michigan, but I'm curious as to what my best chance for salvaging this phone will be. I currently have it in a bowl of rice, and I'm not planning to charge it for several days. Is there anything else I can do that might increase my chances of not buying my umteenth iPhone??

2. Cody3133 macrumors member

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If its been consistently cold since you lost it, then perhaps not that much moisture got inside. If it doesn't survive, perhaps you'd be better off with something cheaper.