Frozen Ipod Touch Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by StormEdge, May 19, 2010.

1. StormEdge macrumors newbie

Hello
    I just got an ipod touch 2nd gen 16 gig off of ebay. I turned it on to see a a drained battery so i plugged it in and after a while the apple logo came up and after a little longer a loading wheel showed up on the screen and froze a while after. I've tried putting it in DFU mode and restore mode, and all that would happen is it would stay on the same apple logo screen and get the loading wheel and then freeze. Every once in a while it would shut off and say it needed to be charged. The Ipod is not even recognized by my computer in any of the USB ports. I tried updating Itunes, uninstalling it, reinstalling it, ect.

Any suggestions would be nice!
    Thanks

2. NETEFX.NET macrumors newbie

Unhappy iPod Touch

There could be several things wrong with the iPod Touch. Are you attempting to restore and get to DFU mode while attached to a computer? If so, try the same procedures while connected to the USB / AC adapter. It often is a more reliable method of performing these operations. If this doesn't work for you, you may want to consider replacing the battery.

3. mrcc macrumors regular

Power + home button + plug it in = working I touch

4. sellweek macrumors newbie

Or maybe try plugging it in, waiting a few hours and then holding power+home as long as you can. It should restart.

5. zachkolk macrumors regular

zachkolk

Frozen Apple Logo

I’ve got a similar problem. The Apple logo is stuck on my screen, but itunes recognizes it and I can even sync the iPod and do everything on the computer I could if the Apple logo were not frozen. I’ve even restored the iPod three times with no avail.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You should probably just send it back to the seller, get a refund, and claim DOA.