Frozen Lockscreen

kingdom23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Is anyone still have problems with lockscreen freezing? I tried resetting the keyboard, as someone suggested, but problem still persists. I have to reboot phone to unfreeze.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
In what sense and under what conditions is it freezing? Is it something that happens often?

kingdom23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
I go to use phone and sometimes it goes straight to passcode screen which is a different colour to my usual one and buttons are frozen, other times I get the slide to unlock screen which is also a different colour to my usual screen and it doesn't respond. I have to reboot phone. Happens randomly, sometimes once a day, sometimes I can go 3 days before it freezes again.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I go to use phone and sometimes it goes straight to passcode screen which is a different colour to my usual one and buttons are frozen, other times I get the slide to unlock screen which is also a different colour to my usual screen and it doesn't respond. I have to reboot phone. Happens randomly, sometimes once a day, sometimes I can go 3 days before it freezes again.
I've had that kind of thing happen too. But I think I've only had it happen about 3-4 times total since I started using iOS 7 back in the beta days about a year ago, so it certainly hasn't been something that was of too much concern (although a curiosity as to what might be behind it). A reboot solves it, as you said, and I've seen some others post about it with pretty much the same information, although in a case like this it's rather odd that it's happening so often.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Looking at your posts you've been having stability issues for over eight months. I didn't read any of them so I apologize if you've already done this. Have you restored as new and then manually put your apps back on? Your phone seems very problematic and I'd take it to a Genius if you've already restored as new.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.