Frozen Lockscreen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kingdom23, Jun 5, 2014.

1. kingdom23 macrumors regular

Is anyone still have problems with lockscreen freezing? I tried resetting the keyboard, as someone suggested, but problem still persists. I have to reboot phone to unfreeze.

2. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

3. kingdom23 thread starter macrumors regular

4. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

Here lol jk

Attached Files:

5. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Not sure if it would help, but apparently sometimes a keyboard dictionary reset solves this issue.

Settings > General > Reset >Reset Keyboard Dictionary

6. kingdom23 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried that a few times and it hasn't helped, but thanks anyway.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

In what sense and under what conditions is it freezing? Is it something that happens often?

8. kingdom23 thread starter macrumors regular

I go to use phone and sometimes it goes straight to passcode screen which is a different colour to my usual one and buttons are frozen, other times I get the slide to unlock screen which is also a different colour to my usual screen and it doesn't respond. I have to reboot phone. Happens randomly, sometimes once a day, sometimes I can go 3 days before it freezes again.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've had that kind of thing happen too. But I think I've only had it happen about 3-4 times total since I started using iOS 7 back in the beta days about a year ago, so it certainly hasn't been something that was of too much concern (although a curiosity as to what might be behind it). A reboot solves it, as you said, and I've seen some others post about it with pretty much the same information, although in a case like this it's rather odd that it's happening so often.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Looking at your posts you've been having stability issues for over eight months. I didn't read any of them so I apologize if you've already done this. Have you restored as new and then manually put your apps back on? Your phone seems very problematic and I'd take it to a Genius if you've already restored as new.

Good luck!