Frozen Macbook when powered up on battery

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by McFish, Apr 15, 2009.

1. McFish macrumors newbie

My battery seems to have lost the plot. I can turn my machine on when running off the battery and it fires up as normal. Once it gets to my desktop everything is frozen. The arrow is always stuck in the top left corner and the only thing that works is the power button, but I can't even turn it off because I can't select switch off.

It works fine if I take the battery out and run off the adaptor but kinda defeats the purpose of having a laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have a similar problem. I can use it all day long at work on power, but if I sleep, then go home 70% of the time when I go to use it I get about 30 seconds to a few minutes in and then it locks hard. The mouse stops and nothing responds. I can tell when it is about to happen because the mouse gets real jerky, then freezes. The only thing I can do is power off. Some times it does it again after a restart and I have to power off again, then it usually works until the next time I take it to work and back.

The weird thing is once I was streaming music and after it locked the music (from a website) was still playing. Finder and everything else is locked, does not respond to keys or mouse. Nothing on the screen updates.