Frustating itunes library problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hunts121, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Hunts121

I am having an increasingly infuriating problem with my iphone 3g. I have an ipod touch, and ipod video 5.5g and a iPhone 3G all syncing with the same itunes library. All used to work fine in my car stereo but now my iphone won't work. It tells me there is "no music data" (when I know there is, all other devices see it just fine). Ipod touch and Video work but my iphone balks at it every time and displays that message.

My question is what could cause this? I had my iphone replaced due to this and my new one does it as well so its got to be some setting or something that isn't working right. My gf's iphone 3g works no problem which makes this even more confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

The cd receiver is a Kenwood MP438U. I've tried them and they said its a bluetooth issue when I don't even use bluetooth to connect it. then they told me I can't have it on shuffle when I plug it in (which I know is bogus as I used to all the time and still do with my other iPods).

2. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

What firmware version is on your iPhone, and what version is on your girlfriend's?

3. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

And when did the problem start?

4. Hunts121 thread starter macrumors regular

Hunts121

we are both running 3.0 as is the iPod touch

5. Hunts121 thread starter macrumors regular

Hunts121

late June I want to say or thereabouts. The thing is I exchanged that phone and it did the same thing on my new one.

6. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

That means its the stereo

What is it that says "no music data"? The iPhone or the stereo?

7. Hunts121 thread starter macrumors regular

Hunts121

The stereo, but if it was the stereo why does my gf's 3G work fine? As well as all the others. My 3G worked fine with it too until that point last month. The only iPod/iPhone that won't work with it is mine...(both the old and replacement), just seems strange.

8. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Very strange. This might seem like a dumb question, but you never know what you get on these forums. Have you tried calling Apple and seeing what they say?

9. Hunts121 thread starter macrumors regular

Hunts121

I'm going to try the reset button on the receiver and see if that helps. I checked for a firmware update for it also but my model wasn't listed.

10. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I don't want to sound insulting but it sounds to me like there is NO music on your iPhone so that the stereo doesn't detect it.

I don't know how often you sync your iPhone but its has happened to me before that I have ended up wiping my iPhone/iPod by accident by changing the sync settings.

If that is not the problem then there is a simple solution.

Back up your iPhone and RESTORE it. Then resync all the music/films etc.

That fixes 99% of problems.

If you phone is jailbreaked that could also have messed something up so restore and start over.

11. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Plug your iPod into your home stereo AUX input. If there is music, and if all your other devices work, then it's your car stereo. Perhaps calling Kenwood and asking if this has been a reported problem would be your best course of action.