Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

italianstallion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
So i ordered up a white iPhone 5. Since I won't have it in my hands for another few weeks, I've taken to the internet to find a case.

SGP was high on my list. I liked the Snow bumper, pricey but comes with front screen protector and back protector. Perfect, aside from the fact there's no way I'm getting anything other than your standard apple headphones into the headphone jack.

Slim cases were next. Most are cut out on the bottom so getting any sort of headphone jack into them wouldn't be an issue. But most don't protect the front corners should I drop the phone. That, and I have no idea if these things scratch the backs of the phone or not.

So now I'm just in give-up mode, thinking of just going naked with screen protector and back protector. If I can't find a case that's going to protect the phone while being able to listen to music via noise canceling headphones, I might as well enjoy the form factor and wear nothing at all.

Why is it so hard to get something as simple as a wide headphone jack right on these things?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.