Frustrated itunes user HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by winty03, Apr 23, 2008.

1. winty03 macrumors regular

I know this is not the right forum, but looking at the responses in the itunes forum I thought this one would be the best place. Can somone tell me why or how to import or rip store bought cd's into itunes? What I have been doing is the following.

In peferences I have it set to aac and 256kbps and all 4 importing options selected (checked)

I insert a cd, and cancel the question do you want to import "cd name" Then I selected the 3 songs from the disc I want ripped into my itunes music library. All goes fine. But when I go to my library in cover flow I have multiple album covers even though looking through the 3 songs info ..they are identical album info name. Why is itunes not sticking all 3 songs under the same album. And also why does it not find the album artwork. The cd is 50 Cent Curtis. Does the cddb not have it? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Do a group edit on "Get Info"- make them all the same. It could be something as simple as an extra space causing each album name to be different.

3. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Have you tried not canceling the "Import CD Name" or importing the whole CD then deleting what you don't want

4. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried both, for now I think the import the entire disc and then delete unwanted songs was working...time consuming but working. I did the group edit and that didn't change it. What about album covers.....any good program and way to get album that will not download or find?

5. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

6. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

7. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Is it 50 Cent - Curtis, I'll send it to you if you want it as I have it.

8. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

yes it is......i know I can get ti manually...was hoping not having to do it....you can sure send it...do users find themselves having to manually linking album covers alot?

9. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

I only have to find Artwork when it's not at the iTMS yet, Although twice it has failed to add Artwork to 3 albums (I can't find HQ Artwork for them anywhere anyways:()