Frustrated. No dual monitor/docking solution for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rotobadger, Sep 15, 2010.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I just can't believe that Apple have not offered a solution for those of us who wish to use our MBP with two Cinema Displays (extended desktop).

I use my MBP heavily for work and need a solution where I can easily "dock" at home for work (which I do now with one Cinema Display). Having two monitors is extremely useful to me. My only choice would be to get a Mac Pro but that would defeat the purpose. I would then have to constantly transfer over work product to my MBP.

Perfect setup:

Macbook Pro with two 24 inch Cinema Displays. Keep MBP in clamshell when hooked up to dual display. Ready to leave? Unplug, stick in bag and I'm off.

2. PetitBourgeois macrumors member

There are ways to do what you're asking - for example, the CinemaView Duo. I'm sure there are alternatives, but that's the one I've read about.

3. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

PetitBourgeois:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem. CinemaView Duo takes the desktop and extends it across both monitors (one giant desktop). I need an extended desktop. Also, I use Bootcamp frequently and, I'm guessing, this doesn't work in Windows 7.

Still, it's an interesting and relatively inexpensive fix...