Frustrated to bits about this..trivial issue.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Khanjr, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Khanjr macrumors newbie

Okay it's not a major problem or anything its a trivial thing so i hope no one blasts me for this haha, In the finder menu under the favourites section on the left hand side my name is spelt wrong it's spelt Conor with one N instead of two, the computer came preloaded and it already had my name like that I dunno why.
    I dunno how to change it and I never really bothered trying till now and boy it's frustrating me cause it should be easy as but I've had no luck. No Occams Razor here for me.
    Can anyone help me out? Using Lion 10.7.3

Cheers everyone!

Attached Files:

2. bjm2660 macrumors 6502

Good question. I just realized that I am not entirely sure myself how to change it. I don't remember choosing the name of my home folder. I'll stay tuned here.

3. bjm2660 macrumors 6502

4. Khanjr thread starter macrumors newbie

I get as far as the Directory utility window but I can't find the enable root user in the edit window... is there any other way to do this?

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No. If you're having trouble, the chances of messing something up that will have dramatic impact on the usability of your system is high. Either don't worry about it or find someone who will do it for you.

jW

6. Khanjr thread starter macrumors newbie

Managed to figure it out in the end, it was only a small problem but I know what you mean about the risk involved with messing around with directories. It's good to also know how to access root user mode.