Frustrated with Bodyguardz

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by .JahJahwarrior., Jan 2, 2009.

1. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I was able to get the front piece on my 2g touch no troubles, but this back piece is pissing me off.

First one, two corners had issues, after waiting several days and trying various ways to get them to stick everywhere, I concluded that they were hopeless, and pulled it off to try with the second back piece included in the package.

Seemed to go well, I did a much better job of squeegeeing out the bubbles this try. However, the corner pieces are still "pinched" on a few corners, and in addition to that, one or two of the flap pieces that wrap around the corners, are not sticking worth a darn. I've waited several hours after spraying the thing and they still will not stick.

I want to email the company and see about getting two replacement backs instead of one replacement consisting of a front and a back, but they don't list an email anywhere that I can see!

Anyone else had trouble with this? Anyone else frustrated at the lack of online contact-ness of the company?!? I love the form factor of the case, but I'm just about ready to call it quits and go with a silicone case at this point.

2. lozzy1234567890 macrumors member

well i have no experience in this case but, if u dont manage to get them on properly, then why should they give u replacements for something u failed to do?:rolleyes:

3. .JahJahwarrior. thread starter macrumors 6502

The adhesive not sticking is not my fault. I followed their directions for application very stringently, yet the corners of this thing do not seem to stick. there might be some level of user error, but the company does offer replacements for life, you just have to pay a processing fee, and mail the old one back to them. I'm perfectly willing to pay this fee and to mail them the old ones.

4. lozzy1234567890 macrumors member

ok fine, thats understandable, i didnt know that, my bad, but did ucheck to see if the case ur getting is for the ipod touch 1st gen or 2nd gen? because they have slighly different cases, but the difference could cause the problem u have, by being a little bit too big

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

i'm not sure how long ago you tried to put it on, but it does take a long time to fully cure. it took over a week for all the bubbles in mine to disappear. in fact, i got impatient with one and tried to get it out myself by lifting up part of it. i did get that bubble out, but if i would have waited longer, it would have worked itself out like the others did. as for the corners, if there is too much spray on them, they won't stick down. try waiting a few days and they may stick better, provided you don't get finger oils or lint on them in that time.
    my bodyguardz has been on for months and is running strong. good luck.
    the return process is clearly shown here:
    http://www.bodyguardz.com/Articles.asp?ID=147
    you need to register on their site, then order a replacement. once you get it, you send your original back.