Frustrated with Crashing Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rumorist, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Rumorist macrumors newbie

:mad:Safari has been crashing on me more than ever. It doesn't matter if the website I go to has heavy multimedia or purely text. Anyone else experiencing this? My iPhone's vanilla @ 1.1.1. I've never been this frustrated since my Windows 95 days. It simply isn't functional. I hope they fix it in 1.1.2. :mad:

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I have got to say my safari crashed on the occasion in 1.0.0 or whatever the first firmware was and the iPod crashed a lot during then too, but with the 1st update, i havent had ANY problems. The occasional crash, but nothing too surprising.

3. likeavaliant macrumors regular

mine crashes if i listen to music and i'm on it... or if i'm doing heavy moving around on the page.

the problem i have quite often involves touching links and nothing happening. completely unresponsive on the links, yet the page moves. it does this so often it's really bothering me. i have to restart my phone for links to work.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Do you let the phone finish loading the page?

5. mrJnC macrumors regular

If I have 7 other pages in Safari, I can make it crash but it typically requires a really large webpage.

My crashes nearly went away when I kept about 1GB free on the iPhone.