Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
so i have an apple account, lets say its called "XXXX"...then i have another icloud account..lets call that one "OOOO" (i have two separate accounts because i ported over from mobileme)

this is the situation..i just bought itunes match on my XXXX account..this is the same account i use to make purchases on the app store on my macbook, ipad, and iphone

the OOOO account is set up as my icloud account on my macbook, iphone, and ipad

so now im basically screwed because i cant use itunes match on my ipad/iphone because im using the OOOO icloud account..but i purchased itunes match from my XXXX account

also..on my itunes..it shows about half of my songs were matched, but on the icloud download status, there is no option to let me download the matched version of the song!!!!!! is this something that has to do with my two separate accounts??

PLEASEEEEE HELP!

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
I use two separate accounts as well and match works fine on my devices, did you activate it in the settings on your iPad and iPhone?

Oh, and in order to download a matched song you must first delete the original file, and the option to download will appear next to the song.

downinitjr

macrumors member
May 17, 2007
Minnesota
your iCloud account and your iTunes account can be completely different. You are not screwed. On your iPhone/iPod/iPad in settings/Store make sure you are signed in with your iTunes account (the one you purchased everything with). Then once iTunes Match is finished on your computer turn it on under Settings/Music on your device/devices.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
@Mjmar - thanks a lot, i got myself to be able to download the new 256kbps version of the song after deleting it first..now my only question is - is this new, higher quality apple version MINE? is it DRM'd? lets say i decide to cancel iTunes match after one year, will i still have this song that i downloaded from apple?

also..the thing is that when i try to activate itunes match on my iphone/ipad, it says "itunes match is not activated on this account"..mind you it is showing my "OOOO" icloud account and not my "XXXX" purchasing account (even though i make my app store purchases on my iphone through my "XXXX" account)

thank you!

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
@Mjmar - thanks a lot, i got myself to be able to download the new 256kbps version of the song after deleting it first..now my only question is - is this new, higher quality apple version MINE? is it DRM'd? lets say i decide to cancel iTunes match after one year, will i still have this song that i downloaded from apple?

also..the thing is that when i try to activate itunes match on my iphone/ipad, it says "itunes match is not activated on this account"..mind you it is showing my "OOOO" icloud account and not my "XXXX" purchasing account (even though i make my app store purchases on my iphone through my "XXXX" account)

thank you!

When you download the 256kbps version to your computer, and the ability to download disappears, it's yours forever with no DRM. As for the account situation, try going to the "store" option in settings on your iPhone and iPad, and signing in through your "XXXX" account. I'm pretty sure the "OOOO" iCloud account has nothing to do with iTunes Match.

mac mac mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
Bellevue, WA
Just like most of you here, I have two accounts; one for my iTunes purchases (e.g. name@yahoo.com), and another for my Mail/Contacts/Calendars (e.g. name@me.com). It's working fine for me since I share my iTunes purchases with my family members.

My question is, for songs that are not matched but uploaded to iCloud, will that go against the 5GB storage? I have 25GB iCloud storage on my iCloud account (@me.com account). I signed up iTunes Match yesterday with my iTunes account (@yahoo.com), does it mean I have to pay for extra storage for that account also, assuming songs that are not matched but uploaded count toward the 5GB limit. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.