Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Ok, so I am using a 2010 Mini with SL, but I want to use this for my new 4S with iCloud and there is no support for SL. I moved my MM account to iCloud, so basically I m now hosed unless I upgrade my 2010 Mini to Lion Correct?

My son has a 2011 Base Mini with Lion and he is good to go with iCloud, Lion, and his iPhone 4 with iOS5.

I also see from what I was reading is Apple is not going to make older OS's compatible with iOS5, so going forward our only choice is Lion has to be installed.

Argh Frustrating, unless someone has a better idea, I am not ready to put Lion on my 2010 Mini, I use older Apps that are not Lion compatible.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Ok, so I am using a 2010 Mini with SL, but I want to use this for my new 4S with iCloud and there is no support for SL. I moved my MM account to iCloud, so basically I m now hosed unless I upgrade my 2010 Mini to Lion Correct?

My son has a 2011 Base Mini with Lion and he is good to go with iCloud, Lion, and his iPhone 4 with iOS5.

I also see from what I was reading is Apple is not going to make older OS's compatible with iOS5, so going forward our only choice is Lion has to be installed.

Argh Frustrating, unless someone has a better idea, I am not ready to put Lion on my 2010 Mini, I use older Apps that are not Lion compatible.

Install Windows (or Ubuntu, if iCloud and Ubuntu are friends) on a virtual machine and install iCloud there? It might not be a very convenient solution, but at least it's a solution...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.