Frustrated with OSX shortcuts and Tweetie

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Manic Mouse, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

When Tweetie was first installed I wanted to use control space as the universal shortcut for a new tweet, but for whatever reason I was told that combo was reserved for OSX. Despite never finding anything in the system prefs, and with quicksilver using it by default. So instead I opted for alt, command and space as the shortcut (having disabled it's Spotlight function) which was working fine.

Now inexplicably this shortcut has decided to stop working for Tweetie. Yet still works if I enable spotlight, and other shortcuts work with Tweetie when tried. WHAT IS GOING ON!? I love my Mac, but getting these shortcuts working has annoyed me no end, it's like dealing with a windows machine where there's no easy way to find out what's going on or change it.

Any ideas?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

You could try Ubiquity instead. Overall it has more general functionality, but I don't know how well it compares to Tweetie for Twitter-specific functions. Ubiquity's Alt-Space keyboard shortcut works just fine for me.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Isn't ubiquity a firefox plugin? What's that have to do with a system wide app short cut?