Frustrated with Silver Efex Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kenglade, Jun 15, 2010.

1. kenglade macrumors 6502

I just coughed up a considerable amount of money for SEP, intending to run it with PSE 6. However, I can't get it to run. I inserted the disk that came with the program, typed in my name and product key number, and then proceeded with the installation process. After a few questions, I was informed that the installation had been successful.

However, when I open PSE 6 -- no matter if its a TIFF or a JPG, whether it has been converted to b&w or not -- I am unable to open SEP. There is =no= SEP option in the Filter Menu.

If I go to Applications (I'm on a Mac) not matter which file I click on in the SEP foilder I get the response: "Unable to coplete your request because Photoshop does not recognize that type of file."

I sent an email to Nik and I got a response saying that my question would be addressed and I'd hear from them in "one or two days."

Need I say this is frustrating?

If anyone has a solution to this problem, I'd be very grateful for a response.

2. toxic macrumors 68000

try going to library:application support:nik software or whatever:silver efex pro and look for a plugin file. if there is one, copy it to the PS plugin folder.

that's what I had to do with Topaz plugins, anyway.

3. kenglade thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I found the SEP files in a Silver Efex Pro folder, copied them, and pasted them into the Adobe Plug-in folder. No joy.