Frustrated with small bugs in MacOS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aquaporin, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Aquaporin macrumors 6502

I have been a loyal Mac user since OS X 10.4. I loved that things worked as advertised. I remember being excited about paying for OS updates!

Fast forward to now:

Once great features have become buggy or broken and Apple neither acknowledges it nor gives helpful support (yes, Apple support tech, I have turned it off and back on again!!). Their official discussion board has people with similar issues but lacking fixes.

For example:

Internet Accounts seemingly randomly reverting to an older version and erasing my current settings causing Mail to fail syncing.

Photos no longer fully uploads the library to iCloud Photo Library. Only a select few hundred out of 5,000 will upload now.

But if I try to move the photos without iCloud, iTunes just crashes when trying to sync all photos to an iPad. I can move them all to my phone but would rather not keep them on my iPhone because of the storage.

Messages are still out of order. Message search does not work at all.

iTunes often fails at syncing calendars so I am stuck using iCloud.

I can’t delete search history in Maps from iCloud.

Siri is useless on the Mac. Why introduce a feature then not really support it?

Even my experiences with Apple hardware is frustrating.
    For example: my Apple TV causes iCloud to trigger 2FA every time it turns on.

I miss the days of “It Just Works”.

I am not ready to leave the cult of Mac since the grass is not always greener but I wish this all worked! However, I am doing my best to not delve deeper into the Apple ecosystem.

What bothers you the most about the state of Apple and MacOS?

2. Superspeed500 macrumors regular

Superspeed500

• No way to turn of mouse acceleration by default on the Magic Mouse (or any other mouse)
    • Encrypting the harddisk makes some apps stop working.
    • Some of the apps by Apple have fewer features now than before.
    • No way to prevent the system from lowering the volume when you get a call from Facetime or Telegram.
    I personally prefer macOS over other systems, but I still miss some basic features. My Mac have very few issues as off now, but it should be mentioned that I have replaced most of iCloud with self-hosted Nextcloud and replaced iMessage with Telegram.

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

That's odd, my Mac doesn't suffer from any of the issues you've listed. Have you tried to reinstall the OS?

4. Aquaporin thread starter macrumors 6502

Fresh install, time machine restore, install and copying old files you name it. None of them fixed my issues. I just live with them.