frustrating 2010 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deathcab4xtina, Nov 29, 2011.

1. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

I am beyond frustrated. In the past year I have been to the apple store at least 10x for issues with my MacBook Pro. First I had the logic board replaced due to the screen randomly shutting it self on and not coming back on without a hard reset. Then started my power supply issues. I went in about 5 times about the chargers not working. they replaced my power cord i think 3 times. and one time reseting the power management (i think thats what its called) and then they replaced the logic board a second time. Now my computer is running horribly slow, I'm getting beach balled all the time. And about 2 weeks ago the power cord stopped working again, they gave me another (AGAIN!), I informed them of my battery issues (charge lasts 2-3 hours tops with normal web browsing) they said they could find no issue with the battery. It seems like the battery has been getting worse. I checked coconut battery today and it read 72% capacity at 312 Cycles and the computer is telling me to service my battery. So I have to make ANOTHER trip to the apple store. To fix something I told them there was a problem with 2 WEEKS AGO. *Sigh* Maybe I bought a lemon?

Attached Files:

2. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

If you're still within your warranty and have had multiple issues with a single machine you should ask for a new one. Tell them about your past troubles and say that you'd like your Mac replaced with an equivalent model. That or just keep dealing with the repairs, I guess. However, your battery issue could be the result of lots of usage. Batteries don't last forever, but they should last more than one year.

3. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

yea thankfully i just purchased applecare 3 weeks ago literally 2 days before the last charger stopped working.

4. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

is there a way to word this to them that I wont sound pushy?

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

You can try the "I'm so unhappy/disappointed... *cry*..." approach.

It might be worth giving apple a phone call and explaining the situation, with a full account of all repair visits. They should have it in their records anyways.

6. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Call Apple and explain the situation. You may have to request that your call be transferred to a higher support level. I would simply tell them that after having so many repair issues that it is time for the MBP to be replaced. Be courteous and polite; you may be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

Some states have consumer protection "lemon laws" that may be applicable to your situation. You need to contact your state's Attorney General's office or consumer protection agency.

7. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

I went to the stOre, the manager told me to have tech look at, and she would check on me after he looked at it. However she didn't and ran off to lunch, and the tech replaced the battery and sent me home. I'm really upset, anyone have number for customer relations? Who goes to lunch when the customer is waiting on you?

8. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Someone who might have been working for 4-8 hours nonstop? Of course it's still very unprofessional. Which apple store was this?

You should still call apple.

9. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

I am calling tonight. Towson town center. Towson, md

10. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I'd go down the route of saying look, I've had a lot of issues with this machine, I've really persevered and done everything you've asked of me in terms of performing troubleshooting and bringing it in for repairs, but I'm fed up with the constant problems now. I no longer have faith in the machine and don't think it's fit for purpose. I would really appreciate it if you'd replace the entire unit so that, for the first time since I bought it, I might actually be able to use it as I intended.

Either call or make an appointment but don't allow yourself to get fobbed off. Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to be persistent, and insistent!

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, perhaps this time Apple will do the right thing and take care of you properly.

12. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

i have an expresslane call set up in 10 minutes. lets hope they do the right thing. They may have replaced the battery today, but how long til something else breaks?

13. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

14. Elbert C macrumors 6502

Your lucky that you got a battery replacement. A Genius told me the battery wasn't covered under warranty when I told him my MBP has been getting a Service Battery error when I brought in my MBP for warranty work. CoconutBattery is showing 75% capacity, 133 load cycles for my battery.
    Sorry for all the problems with your MBP. I hope Apple does the right thing for you.

15. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

First I got some ghetto lady, who had no interest in listening to me and has forwarded my call to an advisor. Ive been on hold 23 mins....

16. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like im being transfered to a senior advisor.... maybe I am getting somewhere...

----------

and the call got disconnected..... i hope they call back cause they are closed now!!

----------

and the call got disconnected..... i hope they call back cause they are closed now!!

17. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Well, it's a bit late. All important employees will be at home maybe...