Frustrating app crashes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ipooed, May 6, 2015.

1. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

My last rant before I go and pick up an android! I am getting tired of the apps constantly crashing on my 6+ scrolling through Facebook and hit a couple videos in a row and BAM crash, or yet when I use tumblr same thing a few videos in a row and BAM another crash! And the part I hate is having to take the time to get back where you were (by scrolling really fast, to pass all the other stuff you have already seen, and BAM yet another crash)

This is a replacement device yes I have set the device up as new (as I do every time I restore) running the latest iOS, power cycle the phone daily. Shall I need to restore the phone every second day?

2. kolax macrumors G3

These are software bugs, not hardware issues. Probably Facebook and Tumblr bugs that only they, the developers, can fix.

3. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502

ipooed

I've had it happen in other apps as well, just Facebook and tumblr are my two main ones, yesterday it happened in flipboard and spotify

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

What version of iOS are you using?

Do you have much free space left on your phone?

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I have never had Tumblr crash on my 6+, even when running earlier iterations of iOS8 which had most apps crashing left, right and centre. It's a very well coded app IMO.
    Same with Facebook, that hasn't crashed on me for months. It used to do with earlier incarnations of iOS8 but Facebook got on top of that fairly quickly. Web browsers still crash on me frequently but every other app is pretty good.

I'm running 8.3 and did a clean DFU install at the time.

6. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502

ipooed

I have over 5GB free, running 8.3

7. Jim165 macrumors member

I'm having the same app crashing issues, and my phone is a brand new 64gb 6+...30gb free.
    -Podcast app constantly pausing (is it crashing? it pauses as soon as i go to another app but doesn't close the podcast app)
    -Chrome/Safari CONSTANTLY crashing/closing out right in the middle of my browsing for no reason...and the refreshes, GAWD! This HAS to be memory related or some kind of webpage script clash. Its impossible to browse efficiently on this thing. Don't remember these problems on my Xperia.
    -Non-responsive screen more and more often (is it "thinking" or frozen...can't tell)...happens in all apps (most severely in Flipboard). Reboot doesn't seem to help

...this is the purported "Jesus phone"?? Way more positives than negatives, but the negatives are irritating...

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I have the keyboard crash using swiftkey on imessage and mail have to kill both apps several times a day.

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I think somewhere in Facebook setting you can turn off the video auto load/start and it won't crash. That's what causes the crashes (at least for Facebook, I don't know about tumblr.)

*edit* oops didn't realize this was an older thread risen from months ago.

10. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502

ipooed

Lol no worries, I completely fixed the issue by downgrading to the 6 (never had a problem since)

11. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The 6+ does seem to be inherently problematic and it will never be fixed. The non-native super-high resolution screen coupled with downscaling and insufficient RAM is obviously the culprit. The hardware just can't cope when pushed, and 'pushing' it is a fairly regular occurrence. It fails to keep up when browsing data-heavy sites and fast scrolling etc. Just a half-baked, if very expensive product.