Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 11 Pro Max Frustrating Apple Store experience that finally worked out

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Two trips to the apple store in 20 hours...both insanely frustrating...and finally I got my phone replaced. My 11 pro max had been acting up. I was having to switch sims a lot...I have dual sims in my phone. Then yesterday it started to say sim Failure. Sometimes both would go out but usually just my e sim. Went to the apple store they couldn’t help..too late in the day. So I did the tiny software update that was available as they suggested and called apple support. Their diagnostics showed no issues. I also reset network settings in case that might help. Today it did it over and over. Took the phone back. Of course it worked there. But I had many screen shots of the failure message. They said I had to start the phone fresh and see if it helped...but kept saying if it didn’t replicate while in the store there would be no replacement. This maddened me..bc who has time to live in the apple store until the failure happens. I have to show up early before they open to get a walk-in spot...and then just sit and wait?! I won’t explain how busy I am bc we all are. Anyhoo...I said fine..let’s do a dfu restore...start it as fresh as possible. Let’s do it in the store so you all know it was done right. And when it started up...the e sim wouldn’t activate again at all. Never been so grateful! And so frustrated with the Genius Bar. What good is a phone if the cellular component fails multiple times a day. They replaced my phone and off I went. I have apple care plus theft and loss and was about to have the phone have an accident if they wouldn’t replace it. I hate to ever do anything like that...but geez...they have become way strict on the rules there. Anyone else experience them being so inflexible?

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
I hate to ever do anything like that...but geez...they have become way strict on the rules there. Anyone else experience them being so inflexible?

This has changed in the last few years because people started to take unfair advantage of their generous customer service and return policy.

Glad it got sorted in the end for you.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.