Frustrating Hotmail email+iPhone question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GonzagaDynasty, May 2, 2012.

1. GonzagaDynasty macrumors regular

I just recently got a new iPhone. I didn't have this problem previously with my old iPhone. Both iPHone 4s.

When I delete an email off of my iPhone, it also deletes it on the email server.. So when I go to my email from my computer, that message is deleted.

I've looked up how to fix this, and it includes going to your email account through settings in your iPhone, and then going to "advanced." Well there IS NO ADVANCED OPTIONS.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point. I do not want my emails to be deleted from the actual account when I delete them from my iPhone.

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you setup a new email acct in iOS and click the Hotmail logo, it sets it up as an ActiveSync account, which behaves as you describe.

If you don't like that method, try adding a new "Other" account. Google for hotmail POP settings and try using those. POP doesn't keep anything in sync between devices, leaving most people absolutely hating it. Sounds like that's what you're looking for.

3. GonzagaDynasty thread starter macrumors regular

Man that was so easy. How do you guys know so much about this stuff?

I know it might sound stupid, but I was SO frustrated (mainly because I couldn't figure it out.)

Thank you so much my friend.