Frustrating Oblivion IV Situation

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Zwhaler, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I have Oblivion IV for PS3 (Game of the Year edition) and I am in a frustrating situation. Out of no where, my health starts draining, and within a minute, I am dead. The health drain seems to begin when morning starts. I walked to to a guard, and he said "you need to see a healer". Why? Why do I keep dying? I have all this vampire gear on me also, I don't know where that came from (mostly powers that give vampire attributes). Someone help, I am considering starting over after nearly 10 hours of play just because this is so annoying.

edit: I did a little more research, and it turns out I am a vampire. I had no idea this was coming, and it is really frusterating because I don't want to have to deal with it. I guess I'm gonna start over and make a new character...

2. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Sounds like you've come down with a case of vampirism. You'll need to cure that...or stay out of daylight for awhile...no make that forever. :D You probably got into a battle with vampires and didn't notice until too late that you were afflicted. Usually you can avoid that if you have the right potion and take it soon enough.

At least that's what I remember of it. Guide is here if you want it.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ But I thought that to become a vampire you have to do a load of tasks for the vampire underground and then after you have proven yourself - you become a vampire ?

That's what I had to do - and being a vampire is really cool if played out to it's conclusion, but I'm confused as to how you could become inadvertently a vampire ?

---

General question time...

Should I get the Shivering Isles expansion ? is it worth it for $30
    Or should I simply trade in my copy of oblivion and buy the GOTY edition which will cost me about $30 difference ?

4. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Maybe I'm wrong then. It's been awhile since I've played, but I do remember getting vampirism in fights with vampires and using potions to cure it. I was also offered to become a vampire while playing out the assassins guild story line.

Never bought Shivering Isles. By the time it came out I was long done with the game.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah it was the assassins guild story that I became a vampire.

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Yup, you can catch it as a disease when you're fighting vampires. Be careful to get the cure before sleeping, or the disease will 'advance' while u sleep.

I got stuck pretty badly that way actually. I accidentally became a vampire (as you do..) and went to one of the witches' houses to get the cure. Unfortunately, she told me I had to go and get ingredients. The problem is, the sun was just coming up outside.

So, I couldn't run to get the ingredients, as I'd die from the sunlight.
    I couldn't warp to any location, as you have to go outside to warp, and you can't warp while losing health (from the sunlight..)
    I couldn't "skip forward" in time, as I was trespassing in the house, and you can't skip time while trespassing.

The only solution was to leave the console on until the game advanced into nighttime (how long does that take, an hour? )

I just went back to a previous save.

7. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

For future reference, if you need to create characters over and over the best thing to do is get to where you exit the sewers and create a save right before it asks you if you want to change anything about your class/skills, race, or sign. This way you can load up this save point at any time to create whatever type of character you want, without going through the sewers all over again.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I hated being a vampire...I cured that real fast(stupid vampires infecting me). I always make two saves of my game incase I screw up because some things are permanent in Oblivion.

Since we are on the subject....has anyone downloaded Shivering Isles from Playstation Store as yet...I think I'll give it a go soon.

Bless

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Not yet. Still can't decide whether to just download the add-on, purchase the shivering isles expansion disc, or buy the GOTY edition and trade in my old oblivion.

11. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I got it from the Xbox marketplace, I've played through about half of it. The new environments are pretty sweet looking and so far the quests have been pretty good. The process of getting into the Shivering Isles is pretty entertaining :p

12. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

lol you in the s**t now mate i would just leave it this happend to me and i had to go on a quest for 10 soul stones which took the p**s and wasnt a quick task at all i just started again since then ive had better luck and nearly finished it but thats just my opinion :cool:

13. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

It's a bit bemusing how that happened. After catching the disease, you don't turn into a vampire until you next sleep, and then you get a long message about drinking blood and hating sunlight...

It should have been obvious :)

Incidentally, this problem is annoying, but i would say i had a worse problem (glitch, actually) in my game. All buildings in the game thought it was night time permanently. So i couldn't enter a single building without trespassing. Game over for me from there, unfortunately.

14. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Actually, Vampirism exists for a reason. Expert players are really happy when they get Vampirism. Vampirism adds strength, endurance, and speed, making the character more lethal at night. That is the best time to finish the most difficult quests without much problem.

15. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

...or you could just get a good invisibility spell which makes almost every quest easy.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Traded in my Oblivion & F1 Racing on PS3 today, and got Oblivion GOTY edition instead.

Just hope my save games work.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Update.
    :(:(:(

Save games from Oblivion do not work with GOTY edition. Have to start from scratch :(:(:(

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Don't do that just yet MRU...I think theres a fix for this on the Elder Scrolls Forum...check it out before you erase.

Bless

19. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Well it said that I had a "dream", so I figured it didn't mean anything :p

It's okay though, I have since started over and am already level nine and having a ton of fun. I wanted to be a vampire at some point... but just not on this particular character. I'm going to make one good one, one thief/assassain one, and one vampire. Thanks for the help :)