Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Safari started some time ago to behave in an unpredictable way on my rMBP running the latest OS X version. It happens since OS X 10.11.2, if I remember correctly.

What it does is this. After waking up the machine, it fails to open many web sites. Some of them work fine, others not at all. Of course I can check my internet connection using other computers and everything is OK. The solution is to quit and open Safari again. Then it behaves as it should. Not a really big problem, because it reopens and restores the previous session fast, but still ... :(

This may be user-specific but I don't want to erase all history data. I don't care about cache but I would like to keep the links already visited. Safari had in the past a reset function which allowed the user to choose what to erase but this seems to be gone now.

Anyone else with this problem and suggestions to solve it?

Thanks!

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Not sure of the solution, but you could test whether it's user specific by logging in with a different account. Maybe create one specifically for the purpose, or use a guest account. Whether you see the same behaviour from a different account at least helps you narrow down some of the possible causes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.