frustrating video quality!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mufasa, Oct 6, 2007.

1. mufasa macrumors member

ok I was playing 300 on my cousins iPod nano. Looked so sharp and awsome although very small but still it had godly video quality. He LCD quality. I expected the same from touch but it has poor quality and sometimes it looks pixilated. I was using a 750mb mp4 video quality movie of 300 to test this. Now does anyone have advice for me? Maybe the touch supports another format besides mp4, anyone discovered that? And photos are equally frustrating cause iTunes optimizes my photos and when I zoom in on them on my touch they look like crap. I have windows XP, plz offer advice.

2. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

try using videora to convert videos but change the advanced settings to encode it in h.264 this creates better quality per mb. Also try setting the bitrate to around 1.5 mbs ! for video and 128 stereo for sound.

3. Barnard macrumors newbie

You should down a program called ?Videora? and encode the films using the h.264 codec, the codec I believe is a lot better than the mp4 codec.

The problem with the touch is that the screen is so big compared to the nano screen that the touchs screen may show up defects in the video, the file may also be encoded at the 320x240 resolution of the nano screen compared to the native 320x480 touch screen.

Hope that made sense!

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lol, what is the res of the video?

you do realize that nano has a much smaller screen, right? anything will looks not that sharp once they are put on a bigger screen with bigger res.

to #2, its probably not a problem of codec. H.263 isn't "greatly" superior than other codecs such that we can find obviously difference on a small screen, and there is no codec called "mp4", OP probably meant the file's extension is *.mp4, which might be a H.264 already.