Frustrating

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by msb65, May 4, 2009.

1. msb65 macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

Here is a summary of what I have recently experienced with Apple:

- Bought a new white MB. This was doa with a faulty keyboard.
    - Got a replacement. Within 3 weeks I started noticing a buzzing noise from under the left side of the keyboard. After doing research on this it appears that this noise is the result of a faulty logic board.
    - I took the computer to an Apple Store, where they confirmed that they could hear it. They said it was likely a faulty logic board or grounding issue. I explained to them that since my previous computer was doa, and given this one's age, I would like a replacement not a repair. Since I bought the computer at a university, the Apple store said I would need to call Apple to get their permission for a replacement.
    - Apple says they will only repair the computer, not replace it.

So my question for all of you is: am I being unreasonable to demand a replacement, and NOT a repair? If not, then how can I convince Apple to understand my situation? Like I said, this computer is replacing one that was doa. I find it unacceptable to have received 2 faulty computers in a row. I also find it unacceptable to not have this computer replaced given the magnitude of the problem (logic board), and the age of the computer (now about a month).

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The policy is repair 3x then replace.

A logic board replacement is just that, and in theory it'll be good as new with just that.