iPhone 7(+) Frustration with Apple (care) and my iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ACG12, Jun 21, 2018.

1. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

I’ve taken my iPhone 7 to them twice already because people have complained they can’t hear me when I’m on speaker or FaceTime. Apple has run their diagnostics and state it checks out fine. My phone is the model that falls under this
    https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/ but they still state it’s fine.

They replaced my screen a few months ago and that’s when I had started noticing the issues. I also brought this up but they shrugged it off.

Is there anything else I can do? My wife just recently recorded the issues when I called her and I’m wondering if presenting it will be of any help to change their mind about fixing/swapping my phone.

The phone has been completely restored as new through iTunes and that also didn’t help.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you could take a recording, that might help. Do you have more than one Apple store . . . sometimes trying another can help.

If under AC+, why not order an express replacement?

3. ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I’ve gone to two different Apple stores. The second one has always been my go to location and IMO the best one in the metroplex I live in so I was a little shocked when they wouldn’t help.

What is an express replacement?

4. internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

Some stores and techs / geniuses will not allow you to opt to replace the phone with an express replacement device even upon request.

I would recommend trying a different store and demand a replacement under your warranty; obviously you'll be paying for the replacement device under AppleCare+.

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

It will be more timely but I find actually calling apple to work out better than going in store.

They've never seemed to have the knowledge of defects, recalls, etc.

Edit: Sent my watch, got it back in a few days. They might be able to be even faster for you, like an overnight type of deal? Worth a call and seeing options.

6. avtella macrumors regular

They replaced my 7 Plus twice for a weird cellular issue where it wouldn’t connect to band 12 even in low signal conditions that neither T-Mobile nor Apple could solve. Even though it passed all diagnostics Apple still replaced it twice, so it depends on the store and employees. This was on regular warranty not Apple Care+.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

With AC+ you can call Apple and have them replace the device. They will put a charge on your credit card until you return the defective one.