FRUSTRATION with bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zao8350, Feb 25, 2010.

1. zao8350 macrumors regular

so, i am on a 2.8ghz 15" mbp unibody, snow leopard, and windows 7. i wanted to make my windows partition bigger and messed up. ended up wiping all my stuff, and then had to used disk warrior to recover some of it. i ended up being unable to partition my HD after deleting the original windows and then started getting kernel panics everytime i booted after restoring from a time machine back up. i could only get to the apple logo.

so, now i am trying again. fresh install of sl, i had a buttload of crap on the HD from files i salvaged from the external i had my previous partitions backed up on. now, i still cannot partition. it says stuff can't be moved. i searched this and saw i need to defrag my drive. i try to boot off of disk warrior 4.2 and.... kernel panics. what should i do? i'm currently backing up my windows partition (the original, the time machine mac backups were lost from the first wipe. somehow winclone file survived :p) and am going to wipe and reinstall mac again. any other help would rock

2. zao8350 thread starter macrumors regular

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It might help someone else if you were to post about what you did to work it out.

B

4. zao8350 thread starter macrumors regular

good idea,
    i'm not totally sure what the problem was. i had some other software i was going to use to try and defrag but my dad showed it to me after i had already restarted the reinstallation. what i did was pop in my mac install disk and then ran disk utility off of that. i wiped the disk and then reinstalled. as soon as mac finished installing i partitioned it and have progressed from there. i havent had a chance to try and restore my winclone backup but will when i get home. i don't what the deal is with my diskwarrior, i think i had just jumbled up my drive really bad.