Frustration with new 13" MBP no TB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slhenry76, Oct 9, 2017.

1. slhenry76 macrumors newbie

slhenry76

Have a brand new 13" MBP 2017 with no touch-bar. My issues have started when I tried to connect to our Eizo CG277 monitor via display port adaptor. No recognition that there was a monitor attached. Eizo were great help and said the new laptops won't connect through a display port adaptor, need to plug monitor directly into laptop via DisplayPort to USB-C cable. No problems, however it leaves me with only the one USB-C port on side of laptop.

I need to power the laptop, and at the same time be able to run at least two USB-3 devices (portable hard-drive and Wacom tablet).

Does anyone have a recommendation on a hub that works?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

3. project_2501 macrumors 6502

4. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Some USB-c to displayport adapter cables that worked with 2016 MBPros -do not work- with the new 2017 models. Apple has changed something with the 2017's.

You have to do research on the adapter that you have now.
    I'd go to amazon and check user reviews and Q&A's.

Before you give up on the Eizo, try a different connecting cable that is specifically stated to be compatible with the 2017 model MBPros...

5. project_2501 macrumors 6502

I used amazon to find one that specifically listed the 2017 model as working
    sadly I don't have it in my order history as my wife ordered it
    it works for my 2017 MBP13 nTB USB-C TB3 to my NEC EA24UHD DisplayPort socket and works for 4k up to 60Hz

6. Poki macrumors 65816

Poki

Did you already think about getting a Thunderbolt 3 dock? It would allow you to connect all your displays and accessories right to the hub, while the hub could connect to your MBP using just a single cable, connecting all your stuff and charging your MacBook at the same time. That's arguably a kinda expensive solution, but it would certainly be a very sleek one.