Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
California
Often when I command-tab to switch to an application that's in another space, it will switch to that space but the application windows remain in the background, obscured by another app occupying the same space. Is that normal? It's very frustrating. I then have to wrestle with it to actually get to the application.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
Often when I command-tab to switch to an application that's in another space, it will switch to that space but the application windows remain in the background, obscured by another app occupying the same space. Is that normal? It's very frustrating. I then have to wrestle with it to actually get to the application.

Try enabling the 3 finger swipe on the trackpad left or right to switch spaces.

This is the method I use and find it much easier

Jason

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Hmm. When I command-tab and let go on an application it switches me to that application and brings the windows forward. It does that whether I switch to another Space or not.

So no, that isn't normal. Does that happen when you click the application's icon in the Dock? The point of the Dock and command-tab is to switch to the application.

Does it only happen with a particular application?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.