FSX and VATSIM and Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Thunderbird8, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Thunderbird8 macrumors regular

Thunderbird8

Can it be done? In other words will FSInn and FS Copilot work on my below specs?

I am having some problems configuring it and wonder if Bootcamp is causing the problem?

2. basse macrumors member

Don't see you specs below, for some reason. I'm running FS9 and SquawkBox3 on 2.4GHz MBP with 4GB RAM and WinXP Pro, no probs at all.

//basse

3. Thunderbird8 thread starter macrumors regular

Thunderbird8

Apologies, here they are:

Apple Mac Pro: 2 x 2.8GHZ processors 4GB RAM 8800GT Vista 64 Pro FSX SP1&2 Saitek X52 Pro & Pedals TrackIR4 & Track Clip Pro

Apparently squawkbox and FS9 is OK, but I am having the problems with FSX and FSInn. Grrr. It's doing my head in.

4. basse macrumors member

If you describe me what kind of problems it's giving you I might be able to help you out. Don't have much experience on Mac platform, but I've been doing online flight simming for quite a while, so if it's something not platform related I might find the answer. Also AVSIM's forums or www.fsnordic.net/discussion English side might be worth a try.

What comes to your specs, I bet your Mac will run FSX smoothly enough. Or then just switch to good old FS9 ;)

//b

5. Thunderbird8 thread starter macrumors regular

Thunderbird8

Yes my system runs FSX like a dream.

I have loaded the latest verions of FSInn and FS Copilot as well and FSUIPC but VATSIM just isn't working. This is whilst trying to configure it over Teamspeak with a VATSIM controller who beongs to my flight sim club and has talked many many people through it.

Narrowed it down to router port-forwarding or bootcamp.

Pretty foxed really.