Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Google Is A Juggernaut Right Now

Would not surprise me that within a year Google buys Apple and the moniker changes to Gapple or Oople.

Lordy Lordy!!!!! ;)

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
I guess because Apple are perfectly entitled to release their ad platform to anyone and everyone if they choose. It can't be helped if they choose not to do that.

Um, I think you're wrong there.

Apple's vision for iAd is so big that it ties right into the device/OS/Developer ability to use it through the SDK.

It's not as if Apple could just pop over to Windows mobile or Google android and as for OS/Hardware level hooks to create the same product.

Could Apple to a slim down simple version that was just the same old thing, and release for other platforms? Sure. But creating run-of-the-mill simple and stupid venues for revenue is not really what Apple has been about.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
Um, I think you're wrong there.

Apple's vision for iAd is so big that it ties right into the device/OS/Developer ability to use it through the SDK.

It's not as if Apple could just pop over to Windows mobile or Google android and as for OS/Hardware level hooks to create the same product.

Could Apple to a slim down simple version that was just the same old thing, and release for other platforms? Sure. But creating run-of-the-mill simple and stupid venues for revenue is not really what Apple has been about.

No, it's not what Apple is about, but again, that's their choice; the free market at play. None of that should stop Google acquiring AdMob.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple must really be pissed off. Had they waited on the purchase of Quattro Wireless, the gov't would have probably moved to block the google merger.

alhedges

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
FTC, really keeping up with whats going on. Apple changed their name in 2007, to "Apple, Inc." They are not "Apple Computer" anymore. Get with the times, FTC

Interestingly, the actual determination from the FTC just refers to "Apple" - it's at www.ftc.gov. It's the press release that added the Apple Computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.