Fug or Frack

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Frack is good, in fact it's fracking good. But what about fug? It has the advantage of being a real word.

fug |fʌg| noun [in sing. ] Brit., informal a warm stuffy or smoky atmosphere in a room : the cozy fug of the music halls.

Who give a fug anyway.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I went through a bit of a fug phase a few years ago, it was fun. Frack is the in thing now though so I wouldn't be caught dead saying fug. :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Sharewaredemon said:
Yeah I noticed a few of you using frack a couple months back here, especially iGary, 'tis a good word.
Just start watching BSG (if you haven't been already, then shame on you!) and you'll soon start saying it all the time as well... ;) :cool:

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Fark. From the great King of Australian comedy - Graeme Kennedy. Faaaaark.... FAAAAAARRK!!!!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Raised on comics (literally... my parents thought that was how potty training worked for humans as well as puppies), I tend to use #!@?&%.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
...oh, and I also quite like Feck!
I suppose if I'm going to post my picture on these forums I might as well accept that it'll be used from time to time....

#!@&%$@

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Oh, the pseudo-swear words are endless....

Frack, fug, flip, fetch, frell, friggin', freak....

If you're a Firefly fan you may also find yourself saying Gorram... as in "I wish you'd stop that gorram pseudo-swearing! It's getting on my frackin' nerves!"

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Fug? Ick. Doesn't roll off the tongue well at all. Fudge. But usually I stick to the original version. Another 'f' word is feminisim.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Funny story, in grade 12 on the first day of school during out homeroom orientation thingy, the teacher was saying how we couldn't swear, to which one of the students aghast asked: "So what am I supposed to say: Fun you?"

I found it rather funny, and ended up saying that for the duration of the year.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Go with muddy funkster if you want a personal insult.
Harry Enfields "edited for TV version" of Goodfellas in case you were wondering ;) :D
A classic clip.