Fuji camera firmware upgrade instructions; who writes this crap?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by iphonepiephone, Jul 18, 2011.

1. iphonepiephone macrumors regular

Which bungling buffoon was responsible for these rather incomprehensible & confusing "instructions" for upgrading the firmware on my camera?:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/f/finepix_f300exr/fupd.html

ALL they had to say, was "download the DAT file, copy it to the root of the SD card, insert into camera, power up with full batt & holding down [DISP], and do the upgrade".

I often wonder about the thought patterns of some people... :confused: :D

2. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Probably translated by a computer from japanese.

I love the flow charts with arrows!

3. Zh2 macrumors member

Hi,

What a waste of paper and time!

:)

Regards.

Zh2

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Those instructions were easy enough to understand.

5. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

6. iphonepiephone thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Okay. They weren't and aren't, and as a designer of devices, I am telling you that stripping things down to only the absolute essentials is vital for clarity and transparency. The fact that you said easy enough, just shows there is an element of confusion and ambiguity about them.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

As tempted as I am I'm not going to remove the OP from my ignore list, again...

8. iphonepiephone thread starter macrumors regular

Listen, dude - honestly , just get over it. Noone is getting stressed here, you just need to pull your head out of the internet a minute, and look at this in a life perspective... because, let's face facts - it's not important, and noone even cares.

Look around you - this isn't even REAL - it's just a scattering of pixels on a screen, representing nothing more than illusion of something that doesn't physically exist. This is not a "community" - a community has 150 or less people in it, who genuinely know & care for one another, in the PHYSICAL world.

You are of no relevance nor meaning to me, and your drama queen antics are purely laughable. Ignore me if you wish, like it makes any odds to me :p

9. Laird Knox macrumors 68000

Thanks for the laugh. For some reason the song "Hokey Pokey" was running through my head while I read that. :D