Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lurcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
England
Hi there

I have been using the Fuji s7000 for a few years now and love it to bits, but am looking towards the new s9500 as an upgrade. Just wondering if anyone has one or has heard good/bad things about them. The spec and price is awesome. My s7000 cost £550 a couple of years ago yet this new Fuji costs £400 :eek:

Any reviews?

lurcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
England
ok I guess no-one has one then!

Online reviews are pretty good, so I think I may upgrade.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Go off of reviews. From what I see it seems to be an OK camera, not dSLR comparable. But good noise reduction from the super CCD. But not the best lens (look at panasonic FC30 or something).

That said the only way you're going to get a substantially better camera is if you get a used dSLR.

lurcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
England
Thanks Jared

Yeah I wish I could afford a DSLR, perhaps the EOS 350d, but I can't afford one. Second hand is something I hadn't thought of. I'll have a look on ebay but my budget is limited, which is why for a couple of hundred quid I thought it would be a slight step up from my s7000.

Cheers

d.perel

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2005
I would really go with a low-priced DSLR instead. I was considering the same camera, but went with the Olympus Evol E-500 and I couldn't be happier.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Nah, get something like the Panasonic Lumix FZ30. Or the Canon S2 or S3, they have great lenses, lenses that would cost thousands of dollars on a DSLR. Including image stabilization.

lurcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
England
Wow £422 from Amazon - that's pretty darn cool. Lots to think about here chaps. I'll take a look at the other suggestions too.

Cheers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.