Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GumaRodak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Hi, i have some issues downloading pictures from my camera. Maybe someone can help me.
I do connect my camera via usb to mac, running on katest public Monterey.
The green camera led turn on.
Then i do power on the camera and the display show usb connection.
And thats all, when i launch image capture i normaly expect that the camera will appear there but even after 10minutes nothing…
No, i dont have SD card reader :)

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Do you have your camera is storage mode? Fujis have a few different modes when connected to a computer, and I think the default is image processing mode, where you use X-Studio to change film sims. You might also need to go to System Preferences, Security, and make sure that the Mac isn’t blocking the connection to the camera.

GumaRodak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Yes, the usb connection is set as Card Reader…where to check if mac is blocking anything? I would expect some error message in that case…usb flash storages are working normally

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
It sounds like when you put a Fuji in storage mode, it presents itself not as external storage, but as a digital camera. You have to use the Image Capture app to get your photos. Or I believe Fuji makes an app to pull down your images, but I don’t recall the name of it.

GumaRodak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
I have maybe found the issue, i am using cable for charging, looks like its not able to transfer data too…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.