Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Ok this little camera is pissing me off. I plug the usb cable into my camera and the lil bugger shuts down. I turn it on, then it turns off. If i unplug the usb cord from the camera, the thing turns on and stays on. If I plug the usb cable back into the camera it turns off again! What do I do to fix this?

DBAlex

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
Have you tried replacing the batteries?

My dads camera and mine runs off the batteries even when plugged into a USB port, and sometimes can turn off when downloading pictures (lack of power)

Hope that helps!

:)

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
While I don't know what is causing this, why is this such a big problem? Just eject the memory and plug it into some kind of card reader.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Ok I hate to bump my own thread, but I won't want to start another topic that talks about the same stuff here... so...

Could my problem be that I'm missing a driver? I had gutted my OS X with stuff I don't need. and I thikn I accidently might have deleted it. on fujifilm's website it said something like "OS X has drivers pre-installed" so. How could I obtain this driver. ? :confused:

FPSgene

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2006
setup

if the drivers dont work maybe you can try the setup on the sctual camera and make sure that the usb made is set properly

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Ok, I'll try to play around with the USB mode a little more. Clix Pix if you looked two posts up, you would have noticed taht I don't have a card reader :p

Bassmann

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2006
Finepix A360

When i turn my on the green light comes on and then turns off. I have no idea what the problem is. I'll check the post in the future to see if you figure it out. My camera worked till one month after the warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.