Fujitsu PrintPartner 16ADV: "Network Busy..."

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BioCore, Oct 12, 2009.

1. BioCore macrumors regular

Hi there,

I tried installing my fujistu printer through IP address, which was successful. I tied printing the first time through textedit and it worked perfectly. Now when I try printing again through either textedt or another program all I get is this message:

"Network host 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' is busy; will retry in 5 seconds"

the amount of time keeps increasing. Can anyone enlighten me as to what could be the problem?

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

The host is busy error sounds like you used either the LPD or IPP protocols, which normally require a device-specific queue name, but you didn't enter the queue name. Find the queue name in the printer manual and enter it in Print & fax add printer dialog.

Or, if your printer's network interface supports it, use HP Jetdirect protocol, because that one doesn't use queue name.

3. BioCore thread starter macrumors regular

I just tried your method and still getting the same problem.

Maybe I should tell you my setup, I realized that if I print through my router, that is my macbook pro and printer are connected to the router, it works perfectly, that is it can print although does tend to cause some errors in font.

My regular setup is different, along with the router, I have a hub or ethernet switch which is what the printer should be connecting to along with my laptop. The actual router is in a different room.

When I use this setup my printer wont work, and I keep getting busy network. I do not understand this, so could someone please help me out with this.

P.S.
    Sorry for the long post.

4. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

So in the regular setup you connect wirelessly to the router and by ethernet + switch to printer? In that case the computer and printer aren't in the same subnet - because the Mac can only have one interface getting IP address by DHCP. If you look in Network prefs, you'll see that the ethernet interface has a self-assigned IP address (starts with 169.). You need to manually set the IP addresses of the computer's ethernet and the printer to be in the same subnet - different from the router subnet.

5. BioCore thread starter macrumors regular

No, My laptop is connected hardwired to the "ethernet switch box (Dlink 5 port). My printer is also connected to the same box. BUT, the ethernet switch is connected to another router in another room, because this is where I get my internet connection from.

With this setup all the subnet and gateway ip addresses are the same, but it will still not print. If I connect to the router directly, (both laptop and printer) then it works partially, only first page prints while everything else is supposedly spooling but quits near the end.