Full Backup?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by donaldj, Apr 8, 2008.

1. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Hello,

I'm tired of having to re-download all my apps, and replace all my themes, and stuff when something causes my iPod to crash, and I need a restore.

Is there anything that I can do (aside from SSHing in, and doing a full Copy and Paste... tried that, and it took FOREVER), to help me?

I tried iSpazio's iPhone PC Suite, but that only works for iPhones :(.

Anything?

2. aki macrumors 6502a

...btw does that work?? i no it would take time but can you backup and then restore a jailbroke ipod touch just with using a mac to copy all the files?....or is it like an osx install where you need a special app like superduper to really backup??

if just a normal file copy works thats great 4 me....using AFP 8gb backup is well yes its slow but its ok

3. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

i think your best bet would be to use the time machine application to 'backup'

4. JAT macrumors 603

I haven't found a solution other than copy and paste. Theoretically, a USB connection would be much faster than SSH. So you could try one of those solutions. Total Commander on a PC, I believe. Costs money, IIRC.

Also pwnage should allow you, eventually, to create a firmware of your own with everything installed that could simply be restored, like a disc image can do on a computer. But it isn't there, yet.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

there is a time machene app, but how you recover the data, is beyond me, seams just like it is for show, and copy and paste is the way to go for now... its too bad...

6. donaldj thread starter macrumors 6502

donaldj

So... Total Commander was too oldschool for me, so i tried iPhoneBrowser.

It *works* but the problem i can only see the following folders:

Root
    Caissa
    DCIM
    Nikita
    Photos
    iTunes

Now, I've done enough poking around inside my iPod to know that theres more stuff than that.
    I installed BossTool, to free up some space by moving the apps to the other partition. Is that the problem? Is iPhoneBrowser only reading the one partition?

7. donaldj thread starter macrumors 6502

donaldj

Fixed... installed ZiPhone iBrikr Fix from the source i.unlock.no....

Fixed it right up