Full battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjespo22, Jul 2, 2007.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

2. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

From what I can tell, there is no "fully charged" notice. Just when still in doc, display is sleeping, press the home button and you'll see a huge battery icon. Once that's all the way green, you're fully charged.

3. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

The little charging icon (the lightning bolt thingy) that covers the battery meter will change to an ac plug icon when it's done, just like the ipod.

It may sit for a while and look full, but as long as you see the lightning bolt, it's still charging. Also on a full charge, the usage time and standbye times will reset.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

mine never changed. the lightning bolt stayed, even when the usage times reset (and the bar was all the way green)

anyone else have this problem?

6. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

to ensure you get the full charge and the plugged icon, go through the wall charger. turn off wifi and turn on airplane mode. the phone will charge much quicker and will reach 100%

7. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Mine doesn't register any change when I plug it in to the dock. I'm not even sure if its charging. Anyone else having this problem? Or am I not supposed to use the dock to charge?

8. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

damn, thx man.. that worked right away

9. appleii2mac macrumors regular

Well, mine changed to the AC plug, but the battery icon wasn't full, and the "usage time" didn't reset.

This was with a wall charger and wifi off (but not in airplane mode). I thought it might have been a problem with my old firewire charger, but I changed it to the USB wall charger that came with the iphone, and it's still the same.

10. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

No full charge here. Can't get a useage report and the plug icon never comes up.

11. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

How long have you charged it? I was worried I had this problem also. The first night I charged it over night and never got the little plug icon. I completely drained the battery (took roughly 24 hours with medium usage) and then charged it again. After 4 1/2 - 5 hours I finally got the little plug icon.

12. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

Mine shows the little plug icon on the batter in the upper right, but when I go to Usage it still shows nothing. It has never registered being fully charged according to this usage screen.

Odd.
    Josh

13. appleii2mac macrumors regular

Same here. Maybe if I let the battery run down completely, that will fix it.

14. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

me too

15. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

I finally got it to work... here's what I did:

Used my phone all day yesterday, battery was <20%. Charged it all night.
    This morning it said it was charged, but still didn't start recording the usage info.

I tried turning it on and off, taking it on and off the charger, nothing seemed to work.

I tried resetting the usage statistics. Nothing.

What finally seemed to do the trick was to do a reset, by holding down the button on the top *and* the home button on the front-bottom. After that reset I put it back on the charger, let it fully charge, took it off, and the usage stats were there.

Josh