Full Body Films - 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bbplayer5, Aug 11, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I put this on my phone and... WOW... You can hardly even see this. I will say the installation took a pretty long time. I did the install in the bathroom with a hot shower running (to keep the dust down) and it took about 15-20 minutes to get it prefect. Its in the process of drying, but here is how it looks so far...

[​IMG]

My camera ran out of battery or id post more... Its seriously drying perfectly and I can hardly see any imperfections at this point and its only been about an hour or so...

Cant wait to see it tomorrow!!

Edit: This pic was taken about 20 mins after i had it on the phone.

2. heyp macrumors 6502

how was the fit on the front film? i heard it's like the power support crystal film which had some fitting issues in its first batches where it left like a 1-2 mm gap all the way around the screen

3. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

It fit perfectly actually. i was off by a fraction of a millimeter though, but that was my fault.. still cant even tell its there.

10/10 rating for me. Maybe a 9/10 for the patience it took though :p

The key to this is really... Do it in a hot steamy shower room. It keeps all the dust at bay and you get no imperfections at all. And make sure you use only a tiny bit of soap in the water.

4. raekwonse macrumors newbie

I just installed mine too. I don't think I came out as nice as yours but it's pretty good.

One question though, is anyone getting a lot of pocket lint around the edges of the film? Everytime I put the phone into my pocket I get a faint white lint outline. It's really annoying.

5. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Im not going to put my phone in my pocket for 48 hours so it dries totally. Then ill let you know how bad of a lint problem there is. Either way, its still 100% better than any other case. They all get lint where they dont cover.

6. JackSpearo macrumors regular

how is it near the camera part, the corner...

is it totally down?

I can't seem to get my bodyguardz camera corner down :-(

7. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Tiny little white wrinkle near the power button that wont go down totally, but thats it. Perfect by the camera.

Edit: I just took a tiny bit of it off with a toe nail clipper and now it goes down perfectly as it should have :)

8. heyp macrumors 6502

couple more questions... does the back film cover the entire chrome bezel? what kind of soap did you use?

9. i0Nic macrumors 65816

How would this look on a white iPhone? Could you see it more than on the black, would it yellow/discolour over time?

10. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

Also, could you provide an idea of how much thickness the film adds to the iphone? I've got a pro-fit mount for the 3g and with just the invisibleshield front cover on it, it's a tight fit. If I add a back shield (which I want to do to protect the chrome apple and the white plastic), I'm afraid I'm going to increase the thickness to a point where it will be difficult to slide in/out of the pro-fit mount.

11. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Mine covers 99% of the chrome, my .1 mm alignment issue (my fault) leaves a hair of chrome showing which cant scratch anyways because the shield pushes it up enough so it never touches anything.

This adds no thickness to the phone at all btw.. .you wont even know there is a cover on it unless you really want to look at it. I handed it to my friend and he asked why I didnt have a case on it. If you didnt put it on, you wont notice it. Only reason I know its there is because I put it on!!

I love it :)