Full body iPhone 5 films?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ImperialX, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Hi guys,

I'm looking for something like the SGP Steinheil EX series for the iPhone 5. Right now I can only see SGP selling the front screen films, and nothing for the back.

Alternatively, very thin cases will do as well. What cases is everyone getting for their iPhone 5?

2. ImperialX thread starter macrumors 65816

ImperialX

3. SimonSez macrumors newbie

I've only ever used BSE and never got the rainbow/orange peel and I think they just put some blog post out about a new film. Probably gonna check it out with my new MacBook Pro Skin.

It is wet application, but it's really easy IMHO and has never affected my iPhone 4S.

iPhone Skins Started Pre-Orders Yesterday http://www.bestskinsever.com/iphone-5-skin-screen-protector-shield-clear-protective-cover

And here's their wet application instruction. http://www.bestskinsever.com/application

Enjoy

4. chrisvee macrumors regular

5. ScubaCinci, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I went ahead and pre-ordered 2 full body skins. I always seem to mess up at least one part of the application so now I'll have a backup.

6. ImperialX thread starter macrumors 65816

ImperialX

So will dishwashing liquid + water work? I've never had to make my own solution before.

7. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I used Johnson & Johnson Baby Soap and water (lots of water and not much soap... I didn't measure though) and it worked out perfectly.

That being said, the mixture made the water essentially soapy and slippery, as in soapy slippery, but there wasn't enough soap in the mix to cause any bubbling. I'm not sure if that helps any but yeah, have fun and take it slow. Have a squeegee with you as well and a microfiber cloth to absorb any mixture that is squeezed out :)