Full Body/Screen protector that won't absorb dye from clothes

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mosco, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Mosco macrumors regular

I wear jeans pretty much every day. I have had a bodyguardz ultra tough on my white iPhone 5 for about a month now and its starting to turn pretty blue. I emailed them and asked if was normal, and if it was normal, if there was anything I could clean it with to get the blue to go away.

There response was:

"These protectors will absorb dye. It is probably more noticeable because you have the white iPhone. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that will remove the dye from the protector."

Totally reasonable. I found another thread that mentioned that this happens with all screen protectors that are made of this material. I have probably never noticed it because I have always had a black iPhone.

Anyway, things I like about bodyguards:

Good Fit
    Decent Price
    Gel Application is the best I have used(tried BSE and wrapsol wet/dry)
    Advantage program

Thanks.

2. dbo43867 macrumors member

Maybe try something from ********** or one of the front and back sets from SGP. The SGP are dry and not the tacky sort of material that Zagg, BSE, Bodyguard, Wrapsol, etc. use.

3. Orange Crane macrumors 6502

I've definitely gotten some blue on things from raw denim. While hard to avoid completely I've found that the mr clean magic eraser does a pretty damn good job of cleaning up the mess.

4. Mosco thread starter macrumors regular

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Use SGP or Power Support.. None of that silly wet install stuff.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

How does wet versus dry install affect dye absorption?

7. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

I dont think it will. The wet install ends up drying off in the end anyways. I think it would be what the material of the protectors are made of that would affect the dye absorption.