full body screen protectors peeling

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eclipse01, Oct 9, 2013.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

for some reason no matter how perfect i put a screen protector on it, it will always start to build up dust in one of the corners and eventually get worse and worse over the course of the months and ultimately last only about 4-5 months all together.

any tips on making this not happen? I usually apply a skin an put it in my pocket, so i'm sure pocket lint/dust get in the corners.

I have tried from a few different company (bestskinsever and shield skins)

same results

2. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

It's an unfortunate side effect of using full body shields, not really much you can do

3. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

ok, I wasn't sure if the "professionals" in like the mall kiosks did anything different to prevent this.

does all of them usually only last about 4 months?

4. emseven macrumors regular

Frogskinz and Wrapsol are out of business, always worked very well. I also consider myself better than average at installing.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Varies from person to person.

6. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I've had my BSE on since May and there's only some slight peeling near the bottom edge, and that's only because it got snagged when i was putting on a case

Wrapsol was bought and absorbed by Otterbox, the full body protectors by Otterbox are the same ones Wrapsol used to make

7. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Try bestskinsever. They seem to work the best. I've tried them all wrapsol, phantomskinz, zagg, bodyguardz, sgp. I still bestskinsever works the best and has the best value. Others are soo expensive with a msrp of $25. Might as well buy a case at that price. :rolleyes:

8. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I currently have bestskinever on my phone and its already starting to come off after a perfect install in July

9. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Maybe it got snagged on the case of the corner was a little weaker than the others. If you want it to come off faster try zagg or phantomskinz.

10. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

This problem is actually why I gave up on skins altogether. That and the fact that they don't cover the chamfered edges. I'm just rocking a Caudabe Veil thin case now and it's miles better than the skin. A bit of the bottom is exposed, but that doesn't really bother me.