Full brightness

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bmac4, May 27, 2015.

1. bmac4, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015

bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Does anyone use the full brightness on their AW? I have been tempted to try it out since its kind of hard to see in sunlight. Just seeing if anyone noticed a big dip in battery after doing so.

2. meikdunj macrumors member

I have mine on full brightness. Don't notice big difference in Battery depletion rate. I'll still around 50% battery when I get home from work.

3. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

I've had it on full brightness since day one on my 38mm. Never end a day (7am to 11pm) with less than 40% remaining.

4. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

Going to try mine with full brightness and see how long it'll last.

5. susan12369 macrumors 6502

Mine's been at about 50% since I got it, and I haven't noticed any issues seeing the display when outside.

6. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Actually, increasing the brightness level won't increase readability in sunlight. The watch has a light sensor and automatically increases brightness when there is more light falling on the screen, but the max brightness is the same no matter which level you have the watch set to. The brightness settings on the watch will only affect the brightness with lower amounts of ambient light.

From the DisplayMate apple watch display test (http://www.displaymate.com/Apple_Watch_ShootOut_1.htm):