full dvd in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by suicidal nun, Feb 1, 2008.

1. suicidal nun macrumors member

Hello all, I was wondering if there was anyway I could import a FULL dvd into itunes? meaning the dvd menu and such.

I did a search and found mac the ripper and grabbed that program but it only rips the file to a .vot, not a format compatible with itunes. Is there a way to convert this .vot format to an itunes-compatible format while preserving the dvd menus of the film itself?

The reason why I ask is because I'm deaf, and would like to watch my movies with the closed captioning option instead of burning the subtitles on--which is pretty ugly. I also wish to convert my dvd collection into a digital collection eventually.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys may have. :)

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I'm pretty sure you can do that with Handbrake. I've never tried it but there is an option for audio & subtitles. Good luck :)

3. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I don't believe so but iTunes added closed captioning support a few months back. Try Handbreak which will let you rip the file directly from the DVD. There is a tab for adding adding subtitles to the encode. Within itunes preferences under playback there is a "Show closed captioning when available" check box.