Full DVD Rip & Menu???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mediability, Feb 20, 2009.

1. mediability macrumors newbie

Hi,

How do I go about ripping a DVD complete with original DVD menu/ chapters/ features, I want to have it exactly the same as the original- I have DVD's that I need to replicate for our prod company. Is it possible on a Mac.

The software I have is as follows,

DVD Studio Pro 4
    Handbrake 0.9
    MPEG Streamclip 1.8
    Toast

All of which I use to rip etc, burn etc not sure how to clone the original DVD exactly.

Any help much appreciated,

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

1. toast
    2. Burn (freeware)
    3. mactheripper (freeware)
    4. disk utility (comes with your mac)
    5. hundreds of shareware programs

in toast all you do is put the disk in, and copy it! it will copy the contents to HD, and once done ask you to insert another disk. easy as. you can even choose to make an image of the disk and save that to your HD for later burning/backup!

3. mediability thread starter macrumors newbie

how do I get the menu the same and have the chaper menu & the special feature menu on as well? I tried it on toast but it'll only rip the video files not the menu functions? am I doing something wrong?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hold on, how about you actually describe what you are trying to do.

are you trying to duplicate the DVD, or copy it onto your computer and watch it off of the computer??

5. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

If the DVDs aren't encrypted, then all you need is Toast. No need to rip it ... just use the Copy tab in Toast. Heck, you could even use Apple's Disk Utility to copy, it's just not quite as easy.

If the DVDs are encrypted, then you need to use MacTheRipper or Fairmout (w. VLC). Then use Toast to author the DVD(s).

None of the other apps you listed will do what you want, which is to retain the DVDs menu structure, etc.

ft

6. mediability thread starter macrumors newbie

I am trin to duplicate the DVD, annoying not being able to get the DVD structures etc down, Ill try out the suggestions,

Thanks for the info,