Full Exchange Support in Mail w/iPhone 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oliverlubin, Jun 4, 2008.

1. oliverlubin macrumors regular

Now that Apple has announced the support for true Exchange service in iPhone Software 2.0, is it likely that they will add similar support to Mail in OS X?

Anyone want to do some plist/resource digging and see if there's anything to hint at more than IMAP Exchange support being planned for 10.5.4?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. oliverlubin thread starter macrumors regular

You're right, iCal also. And it would just seem odd to have mail on my iPhone that I couldnt somehow access from my computer.

It would be a shame to have to continue to use Entourage and sync services just to make things work. Problem is that Entourage doesnt support Tasks and Notes syncing.

I guess we'll see.

4. consumedsoul macrumors regular

Probably not?

Unlikely if they're planning to roll out the new .Mac service w/ server-side mail/contacts/cal integration on their own?

5. Shurran macrumors member

Although maybe they could package it in as part of the .Mac service - helps pay for the licensing costs.

I agree that entourage sucks, especially as its missing soo many features of outlook (as previously mentioned although I also hate the lack of Sharepoint integration)

6. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Apple are aggressively pushing 10.5.4 so we could be seeing it quite soon.

One could speculate that...

1. There is going to be some integration with the eiPhone that previously we have not seen (I'd like stickies and notes to synch), which could also include exchange support built in to the mail, calendar, and address book apps.

or

2. There is some new hardware due in the next few months - probably the next MacBook/MacBook Pro updates.

or

3. One more thing...